M 11-27: Integrating sources; intellectual property and avoiding plagiarism
- RBA Draft #2 assignment sheet
- Project slide assignment sheet
- Envision chapter 6 & chapter 7.
- The sample essays from last week. As you read, think about the qualities that make it a strong RBA and what you would emulate in your own writing. Choose just ONE of the essays to focus on.
Reminder: You are required to sign up for and attend one Hume Center writing appointment before the end of the quarter (send me an e-mail within 48 hours after doing this so that you get credit for it: see the official assignment sheet). If you have already seen a Hume tutor (even if it was for a different class), write me and let me know so that you get credit!
W 11-29: Attention to style and integrating sources; Peer Review
- Your peer review partner’s draft (see below for partners)
- Sample Research Project slides (be prepared to talk about which 3-5 slides you though had the strongest design/argument and why)
- Continue reading your sources — there’s still time!
- Peer Review (Fill out the peer review form)
- Draft of your project slide
- Draft #2 of the RBA w/cover memo . Due to your Stanford Box by class.
- Send me the time and location of your peer review for the RBA (should take place Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, or Saturday of this week)
Peer Review partners for today: Max-Jack-Michelle (everyone read each partner’s essay, but Max annotate/comment on Jack’s; Jack annotate/comment on Michelle’s; Michelle annotate/comment on Max’s) || Jacob-Nikita || Andrew – Niki || Louis – Ryan || Amelia – Amanda || Ying Hang – Brad (see peer review instructions, coming soon, for further instructions)
In-class link: Style sandbox google doc
COMING UP NEXT WEEK: Last week of classes! RBA and final slide due Wednesday.