Suggestions for Week Eight:
M 11-13: Research/read/write day
See email for additional details about research/read/write day
- Your own research sources (Really. Read your research sources and find more!)
- The first draft assignment sheet
- Fill out the peer review input form
- Sign up for your mandatory RBA appointment with Christine – this appointment can take place during this week or the week after Thanksgiving, but please sign up before Friday, November 18, no matter which week you plan to meet with me.
Reminder: You are required to sign up for and attend one appointment with a Hume writing consultant before the end of the quarter (see official assignment sheet). If you have already seen an Hume tutor (even if it was for a different class), write me and let me know so that you get credit!
W 11-15: peer review, researching, and writing
- Your own sources
- Read & annotate your peer review partners’ first drafts (read both of them; use the peer review guidelines to help you annotate and for instructions for your peer review comment!). Peer review partners are: Alaiah, Nick, Alec D. || Arjun, Chaz, Armando || Pao, Brenna, Wilmer || Alex K, Jacie, Alex W || James, Aanikh, Jnani
- Read in full at least one of the sample essays:
- Sign up for your mandatory RBA conference. Everyone must sign up by Friday!!! (The appointment itself can happen this week or the week after Thanksgiving).
- Reminder: Sign up for your Hume Center appointment through sututor.stanford.edu if you haven’t done so already! See the official assignment sheet for recommended tutors and details about how to sign up.
COMING UP NEXT WEEK: RBA Draft #2 due on Wednesday; Peer Review on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday